ALL RECORDS ARE CONFIDENTIAL
Communications between student and counselor are held in confidence and not disclosed to anyone. Counseling records are not included as a part of a student's academic record. There are exceptions to confidentiality, with the most common ones listed below:
- A student’s written authorization to release information
- Disclosure to a governmental agency is required or authorized by law
- An apparent risk of imminent harm to self or others
- Disclosure of abuse to children, elderly, or the disabled
- A disciplinary decision has been made to refer a student and the student is aware that compliance with the referral is part of the disciplinary procedures
Our counseling staff adheres to the ethical principles and codes of conduct for counselors and psychologists as outlined by the appropriate state licensure boards.