- Approximately 1 in 5 Texans has been a victim of stalking in the past two years (SamHouston State University, 2006).
- 2/3 of stalkers pursue their victims at least once per week, many daily, using more than one method; Weapons are used to harm or threaten victims in one out of five cases.
- 1 out of 5 women & 1 out of 20 men are victims of Sexual Assault!
- Every 2 minutes, someone is sexually assaulted in the state of Texas
- An estimated 82% of all rapes go unreported
- 74% of all Texans have either themselves, a family member and/or a friend experienced some form of domestic violence. (Texas Council on Family Violence, 2002)
- 47% of all Texans report having personally experienced at least one form of domestic violence, severe (physical or sexual), verbal and/or forced isolation from friends and family at some point in their lifetime. (Texas Council on Family Violence, 2002)
- 31% of all Texans report that they have been severely abused (physically or sexually abused) at some point in their lifetime. Women report severe abuse at a higher rate than men. (Texas Council on Family Violence, 2002)
- 73% of all Texans believe that domestic violence is a serious problem in Texas. (Texas Council on Family Violence, 2002)