Becoming an Ally
Steps To Become a Texas A&M University-Commerce Safe Spaces Ally:
1. Have a genuine desire to advocate for and support LGBTQ students, faculty and staff.
2. Attend Safe Spaces 101 & 102 training sessions.
3. Learn the words and meanings relevant to the LGBTQ community in order to help make conversations easier and more comfortable.
4. Participate in the practice scenarios to understand what to do and say to be supportive, respectful, and understanding.
5. Read and sign a Safe Spaces Ally Contract.
6. Take additional refresher courses as necessary.