1. Two bulletin boards are available for organizational event posting. Please have your flier approved at the Welcome Desk. Event postings will remain on the bulletin boards for one week only.
2. Recognized Student Organizations will be given first priority for scheduling events in RSC. Reservations can be made one year in advance.
3. Reservations must be submitted two business days (48 hours) in advance.
4. Recognized Student Organizations are not charged space rental fees for routine meetings or events which are open to the University community. Fees may be levied, however, for complex set-ups, special equipment, events exceeding building operation hours and special staffing requests. A building fee of $25 is required for events that exceed stated building hours. A nominal staffing fee of $10 per hour | per person is charged for events which require early openings or late building closures.
5. Changes or cancellation of your reservation must be submitted two business days in advance (48 hours) by calling the Scheduling Office (903.886.5809) or via email to RSCScheduling@tamuc.edu. Failure to cancel an event is a no-show violation. A $25 dollar fee may be assessed for complex set-ups and multiple no-show violations.
6. The Ferguson Auditorium is reserved for large events where a significant participation is expected (200+ guests). Only one full dress rehearsal is permitted prior to your scheduled event at the auditorium.
7. Recognized student organizations may schedule up to three practices per group per semester in the Sam Rayburn Student Center and/or the Ferguson Auditorium. Other locations may be reserved based upon availability.
>> back to top
1. Any recognized student organization scheduling special social events (i.e. dances, after parties and probates) must receive approval with a confirmation from the Scheduling Office.
2. Your event information will be sent to the University Police Department (UPD) for a detailed risk assessment. This information is required at least seven (7) business days in advance for any event where guests on and off campus are invited to attend and/or there will be cash handling or alcohol served. Security is required at all dances at the expense of the student organization. UPD will determine the number of officers required. This is a separate fee from the reservation fee. Your organization will be responsible for all security.
3. The maximum number of tickets sold for any event is limited to the maximum room capacity based on room set-up requirements. Check with the Scheduling Office for specific requirements.
4. For large events, wristbands and metal detectors may be required for off campus visitors.
5. Amplified sound (DJ, music or band) must be contained to your reserved space. Your event should not interfere with other programming in the building.
6. A student (non-organization) will be assessed building and staffing fees associated with Priority Three bookings (see below for guidelines).
7. The sponsoring organization will be assessed additional charges associated with building damages, repairs and/or additional clean up.
>> back to top
1. Priority Two scheduling includes University Departments, affiliated groups and professional educational organizations which are hosted by an academic or administrative department of the University.
2. University Departments can book events six (6) months in advance.
3. Fees may be levied for complex set-ups, special equipment, events exceeding building operation hours and special staffing requests. A building fee of $30 is required for events that exceed stated building hours. A nominal staffing fee of $10 per hour | per person is charged for events which require early openings or late building closures.
4. Reservations for University priority events, such as Mane Event, Orientation, Lions Roar, and large departmental conferences etc., designed primarily for students can complete an Exemption Request Form for reservations up to one year in advance.
5. Changes or cancellation of your reservation must be submitted two working days in advance (48 hours) by calling the Scheduling Office (903.886.5809) or via email to RSCScheduling@tamuc.edu. Failure to cancel an event is a no-show violation. A $25 dollar fee may be assessed for complex set-ups and multiple no-show violations.
6. The Ferguson Auditorium is reserved for large events where a significant participation is expected (200+ guests).
1. Priority Three scheduling is for Non-University groups including community groups, state or national service, or honorary organizations and/or individuals hosting private events.
2. The use of rooms for personal events must be consistent with the mission of the institution, such as wedding receptions, anniversary celebrations, artists and/or concerts. The institution reserves the right to refuse access to facilities for events deemed inconsistent with its mission.
3. Community groups not affiliated with the University may not use RSC facilities for private or personal gain or profit.
4. Requests for events will be accepted six months in advance after October 1st of each academic year. Reservations will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
5. An Exemption Request Form may be completed for booking events further than six months should the event meet specific criteria.
6. The Associate Director or designee must approve requests for exemptions to scheduling priorities and other procedures for events sponsored by third priority groups.
7. All payments by community groups must be received in full one week following the booked event.
8. Individuals and/or groups hosting artists/concerts at the student center were tickets are sold in advance or at the door are required to pay all reservation fees in advance of the show. The University Police Department (UPD) will assign officers based upon external/internal guests, alcohol consumption and cash transactions at the door. These fees are separate from our reservation fees.
>> back to top
Sodexo Food Policy
Sodexo is the exclusive food service provider for the Texas A&M University-Commerce Sam Rayburn Student Center. No outside food or drink is permitted to be brought into the building without this waiver being approved by the RSC and the Sodexo Dining Services, General Manager. Please complete the Food Waiver Request and return to the RSC Scheduling Office, room #240, for approval a minimum of seven (7) business days prior to event date. If approved, the application will be forwarded to Sodexo Dining Services for final approval.
When an event is booked in the RSC in addition to adjacent outdoor space, including both the North and Club patios and West Walking Mall area, Sodexo still must be used as the food service provided. Student Organizations and/or departments may not use outside food vendors to circumvent Sodexo by holding an event were food is served outside while the majority of the program is held in the student center.
Should an event be held outside exclusively, then catering is at your discretion. Please consider an alternate rain location in these circumstances. Please contact 903.886.5809 for clarification or assistance.