Heidi Wright is the Training and Development Manager for Texas A&M University-Commerce. Heidi is also an adjunct instructor and private consultant for Paris Junior College (Paris, TX), Northeast Texas Community College (Mt. Pleasant, TX) and Condensed Curriculum International (Fairfield, NJ). She came to work at the University in December, 2010.
Prior to joining the University, Heidi worked as a private consultant and a United States Air Force government trainer. Heidi began her practical experience while on Active Duty, teaching Leadership, Management, Human Resource Development and Communication courses for the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF). Upon honorable discharge in 2006, she started her own private consulting and training business in Greenville, Texas. Since then, she has worked with numerous companies throughout Northeast Texas, analyzing and identifying their training needs—companies include: Sara Lee Bakery (Paris, TX), Cytec Engineered Materials (Greenville, TX) and Morningstar Foods (Sulphur Springs, TX). She has also worked with Paris Junior College, Northeast Texas Community College and the Texas Workforce Commission to conduct Workforce Development training and grant related workshops.
As a consultant and trainer she has analyzed organizational problems, assessed management issues and recommended change to corporate and government structures. She has devised and implemented solutions per client request and developed curriculum for continuing education and training. Joining the University was simply the next logical step in her attainment of professional development.
Heidi’s plans for the future include completing her Master’s degree in History and teaching at the University level.
Education and training background include:
- B.A. Social Science, Chapman University
- A.A.S Instructor Technology and Military Science, CCAF
- A.A.S. Pharmacy Technology, CCAF
- Occupational Instructor Certificate (OIC), CCAF
- Academic Instructor School, CCAF
- United States Air Force Train the Trainer Course Graduate
- Extensive training in Leadership and Management, US Air Force Professional Schools
- Development Dimensions International (DDI) and Achieve Global (AG) Certified Facilitator
- Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT), Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
- Texas Registered Pharmacy Technician, Texas State Board of Pharmacy
- California State Registered Pharmacy Technician, California State Board of Pharmacy