Veterans Vigil to be Held Nov 12-13
By Sydni Walker
COMMERCE, TX—Texas A&M University-Commerce will honor the 65th Anniversary of the United States Air Force throughout the 21st annual Veterans Vigil. The vigil is set for November 12-13 here on campus with various activities throughout the week.
“We are really looking forward to this year’s Veterans Vigil and honoring the 65th Anniversary of the United States Air Force,” said Jessica Gossett, Veterans & Military Services Specialist. “The committee has been working really hard to make this year’s event a success to ensure we show our appreciation to our Veterans both on and off campus. We would love to see everyone come out and participate.”
The opening ceremony begins November 12 at 9:30 a.m. in the Rayburn Student Center Conference Rooms, with Ted D. Oats, Lt. Col. USAFR (Ret.) as the featured speaker. The lighting of the Vigil Flame will be held after the opening ceremony at 11:00 a.m. followed by a military flyover.
Closing ceremonies are set for November 13th at 4:30 pm with a performance by Texas A&M University- Commerce Chorale.
- Saturday, November 10: 6:15 p.m. ROTC Reunion, RSC Conference rooms with guest speaker Congressman Mike Conaway. $25 adult admission, $10 student admission.
- Monday, November 12: 9:30 a.m. Opening Ceremony, RSC Conference Room C. 7:00 p.m. Aubrey Lynn & Yellow Rose concert, Amphitheater.
- Tuesday, November 13: All day Give Back Day at Chili’s Restaurant in Greenville.
9:00 a.m. Veterans Benefit Fair, RSC Conference Rooms.
2:00 p.m. 5K run, RSC Walking Mall.
4:30 p.m. Closing Ceremony.
- Wednesday: 2:00 p.m. Grand Opening of Veteran’s Lounge, Ferguson Social Sciences, Room 314.
- Saturday: 6:00 p.m. Veteran Appreciation Ball, RSC Conference Rooms. Tickets must be purchased in advance, call 903-468-8174 for more information.
For more information on the Veterans Vigil, contact Jessica Gossett, Veterans & Military Services Specialist at 903-886-5069, or go to http://www.tamuc.edu/admissions/veteransAffairs/veteransVigil/default.aspx