4. Continuing Education
A variety of continuing education and professional development opportunities are offered at Texas A&M University-Commerce.
- The Department of Counseling offers an annual continuing education conference known as Murphy Day to recognize Dr. Harold D. Murphy’s contributions to the profession of counseling at the university. The event has grown to become the best and most affordable opportunity for professional growth and continuing education for counselors and other human service workers in educational, agency, and business settings.
- The Department of Curriculum and Instruction hosts the annual Bill Martin, Jr. Symposium in honor of the world renowned children’s author that donated his professional library to Texas A&M University - Commerce. The purpose of the symposium is to provide Bilingual, Early Childhood, Mid-Level, and Secondary education teachers with creative and innovative methods for invigorating their pedagogy.
- The Department of Educational Leadership offers a variety of workshops and conferences through their Center for Career and Technology Education, Center for Community College Education, and Meadows Principal Improvement Program.
- The College of Business and Technology through the Center for Professional Department provides executive education and professional extended learning opportunities to individuals, groups, and community organizations who desire advanced achievement.
- The College of Education and Human Services offers a broad selection of educator certification programs approved by the State Board for Educator Certification. Specifically, the Center for Educator Certification and Academic Services provides alternative educator certification, educational aide certification, field-based educator certification, and professional educator certification.