7. Gee Library
Gee Library provides numerous services to faculty of Texas A&M University-Commerce. More details can be found on the Faculty Services web page. In addition, the Gee Library homepage contains a wealth of information on library events, new database trials, newly acquired resources, and contact information.
Some of the services available at Gee Library include:
- Class Reserves – Faculty may use class reserves to make scarce materials available for their class and to ensure that all students have access to the required material. Faculty should use the class reserve form or call one of the Library Assistants for reserves at 903-886-5713.
- Courier – Gee Library can quickly transfer materials between the Commerce campus and the Mesquite Campus. For details, call the Access Services Manager at 903-886-5414.
- Document Delivery – Gee Library can deliver documents to faculty members on the Commerce campus only. For details, call the Interlibrary Loan Specialist at 903-886-5722.
- Electronic Databases – Gee Library provides electronic access to journal articles, book reviews, e-books, dissertations, and a number of other resources by using their electronic databases. For details, faculty should contact their research specialist.
- EndNotes Web – This versatile software is available to faculty to import citations from many electronic library databases and the Internet. Citations can be formatted to virtually any citation style. For details, call the Reference Services Head Librarian at 903-886-5719.
- Interlibrary Loan - Gee Library can find almost any type of item including books, dissertations, or thesis; journal articles, and microform. For details, call the Interlibrary Loan Specialist at 903-886-5722.
- Library Instruction – GEE Library has two electronic classrooms, which librarians use for computer demonstrations and hands-on training. These are heavily booked, so please schedule early to reserve the date and time you need--preferably call us at least 2 weeks ahead. Requests will be filled on a first-come basis. For details, call the Reference Services Head Librarian at 903-886-5719 to set up a session at your campus or via synchronous video conferencing.
- Research Assistance – The professional librarians at Gee Library offer several services specifically designed to assist and support faculty needs related to classroom instruction, as well as those related to professional research. For details, call the Reference Services Head Librarian at 903-886-5719.
- Study Carrels – Gee Library offers quiet, secure spaces at the library for faculty research. Faculty should use the study carrel application form or contact the Assistant to the Director at 903-886-5717 to reserve their carrel.
- TurnItIn.com – Gee Library offers this powerful tool in the fight against plagiarism. Through a quick and easy set-up, faculty and their students are able to check papers against academic databases, the Internet, and the cache of papers held by TurnItIn. For details, call the Reference Services Head Librarian at 903-886-5719.