1. Computers, Technology, and Information Services
- Instructional Technology and Distance Education
The Department of Instructional Technology and Distance Education (ITDE) provides extensive resources and technical information to assist faculty in learning how to implement technology to improve teaching and student engagement. The five main components of this division include computer training, instructional design, media services, multimedia lab services, and distance education.
- The Computer Training Center offers training courses to assist faculty with designing web pages, understanding the essentials and advanced features of Microsoft Office, and using e-mail and the Internet.
- The Instructional Design Center assists faculty with preparing high-quality courses for online instruction by providing interactive faculty development opportunities and supporting technologies that enhance the online teaching and learning process.
- The Media Services Center assists faculty with the operation of classroom technology and circulates audiovisual and portable multimedia equipment.
- The Multimedia Lab Services Center helps with faculty and departmental web pages, special media projects, and video capture and digitizing.
- The Distance Education Center provides support to faculty for two-way interactive video courses. All video conferences and distance education courses are scheduled through this department, as well as the scheduling of on-site facilitators to provide assistance on an as-needed basis.
- Technology Services
Technology Services maintains a computing infrastructure that provides academic technology support, data preparation and computer processing, installation and maintenance of copper and fiber-optic cable for telecommunications, network maintenance and security, and systems analysis at Texas A&M University-Commerce. Technology Services is staffed to offer end user support for business applications, computer security, hardware and software issues, network troubleshooting, and telecommunications services.
- Texas A&M University - Commerce Policies and Guidelines Related to Computing
- Texas A&M System Policies and Guidelines Related to Computing