2. Preparation of Advisement/Degree Plans.
a. It is the student's responsibility to furnish the departmental advisor with a transcript of credits or an evaluation of transferred work when requesting that a advisement/degree plan be prepared.
b. A departmental advisor will prepare a work copy of the advisement/degree plan. This, along with the transcript or evaluation of credits, is to be forwarded to the dean of that college.
c. The dean's office should check the work copy to ascertain that:
(1) the approved degree program has been followed;
(2) University Studies and university requirements are correct;
(3) the plan has been approved by the second major or minor department;
(4) transfer equivalencies have been applied correctly for transfer students; and
(5) plans, including teacher certification, have been approved by the Teacher Certification Officer.
d. The dean's office will prepare four typed copies of the advisement/degree plan and distribute a copy to the student, major department, Registrar's Office, and Dean's Office.
3. Changes or Substitutions on Approved Advisement/Degree Plans.
a. Changes and/or substitutions must follow the same procedure used in preparation of the original advisement/degree plan.
b. The department head or designated advisor must initial the recommended change on the student's copy of the advisement/degree plan.
c. The department head should instruct the student to go to the dean's office immediately and ask for official approval of the recommended change.
d. It is the student's responsibility to obtain any such approval by the dean prior to enrollment for the course(s) involved in the change.
e. Personnel from the dean's office will make all approved changes on the copy of the advisement/degree plan maintained in the Registrar's Office to insure that the copy in that office is current at all times.
References: Prior ETSU Policies V E 14 and B-17 approved July 28, 1978; revised January 19, 1990; Procedure A13.21
Contact for Interpretation: Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs