31.99.01.R0.01 (Employees Registering as Students) Faculty/Staff Course Enrollment
Effective: September 1, 1996
Revised: April 2001
The University encourages the pursuit of educational opportunities for all its faculty and staff. University employees are eligible to register as students in accordance with the following provisions:
1. Employees must work the full number of hours for which they are paid, and class attendance must not interfere in any way with the accomplishment of duties or the work of the department or unit in which they are employed. The number of credit hours an employee may take is not limited when classes are held outside the regular hours of work.
1. Any enrollment during assigned working hours by full-time faculty or staff must be requested by the individual and approved by the departmental supervisor PRIOR to requested enrollment (See Attachment).
3. Time off from the regular workweek to attend classes depends on satisfactory arrangements being made before enrollment for the employee to make up the time outside of normal duty hours.
4. The completed application, signed by the departmental supervisor, must be kept on file in the departmental office for the duration of the enrollment period.
5. Petitions for exceptions to this procedure will be ruled on by the appropriate vice president or executive director and forwarded through usual administrative channels prior to enrollment.
References: Prior ETSU Policies III G 11 and B-109 approved January 1, 1983; revised April 2001; Procedure A31.04
CONTACT FOR INTERPRETATION: Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs
Texas A&M University-Commerce
Faculty and Staff Course Enrollment Application
Name and Title Department
Seeks approval to register during the semester for
(Fall, Spring, Summer 1, Summer 2)
____________________ which meets on _________ at ____________ for ______ credit hours.
(Course Name & Number) (Days) (Hours) (Number)
If a course is to be taken during normal working hours, explain how compensatory time will be made up (for staff members):
Signature of Applicant Departmental Supervisor