Masters Comprehensive Exams
Please read the following information carefully:
- CINS/ELED majors should follow instruction upon registration.
- RDG majors should follow instruction upon registration.
- SED majors registering for the Fall or Spring administration of the comprehensive exam may be enrolled in no more than one of the following Secondary Education core courses (EDCI 595, SED 521, 513, 528). Students registering for summer administration of the comprehensive exam should have completed ALL core courses in a previous semester. Students taking core courses during the summer semester should register for the Fall administration of the exam.
- ECE majors will be given details to attend an ECE review upon registration.
- RDG, ECE, and SED majors must turn in an updated degree plan to Priscilla Nichols at least one week prior to the exam date shown below. Students should have received a degree plan from their major advisor. To update your degree plan please access your myLeo account for detailed course information. Degree plan’s may be faxed, mailed, or sent electronically through email. Please click on the link provided if you do not already have a degree plan and contact your major advisor.
Required Materials for Masters Comprehensive Exams
- Pen and number 2 pencils
- Campus i.d. or drivers license
- ECE majors will need 1 scan-tron form and blue book. The ECE master’s exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions and two essay questions drawn from the core concepts of the major courses required on the degree plan. There are 100 points possible with a passing score of 70%.
- SED majors will need to bring (only) a blue book for the exam.
- Blue books may be purchased at any university bookstore.
Please remember university book stores are closed on Saturday’s.
- PLEASE DO NOT write your name on the blue book or the exam. Your campus wide identification number (C.W.I.D.) is all that is required.
- The exam results will be mailed to your physical address approximately four to six weeks from the exam date.
Masters Comprehensive Exams must be taken during the last semester of course work and not before. If you are attempting to take the exam prior to the last semester, you must seek permission from your advisor.
Date: Saturday, October 5th
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Mesquite Room # 133
- Commerce Room # Ed. South 104