Print this page and use it to guide you through the application process.
Step 1 - Apply Online and Pay Application Fee
- Complete Online Application
- When you get to the section titled "ENROLLMENT TERM AND PROGRAM," do the following
- I Plan to Enroll In: Arrow down to select the term in which you plan to begin your studies.
- Planned Program: Arrow down to select the degree you want.
- Early childhood select "MEd - Early Childhood Education"
- Elementary education select "MEd -Elementary Education"
- Reading select "MEd -Reading"
- Secondary education select "MEd - Secondary Education"
- Complete the entire application and SUBMIT.
- When you submit, you will be asked to pay your application fee. This is the best way to go. It will prompt you through the steps for charging your $35.00 fee on a credit card.
Step 2 - Receive Notice From the Graduate School.
In a few days you will receive an email or letter from the graduate school explaining your admission status, the documentation that is needed, and your Campus Wide ID (CWID) and a temporary password. If you have any questions about your admission status, please contact Amy Sims or call her at 903-468-8159.
Step 3 - Explore "MyLeo"
Your Campus Wide ID (CWID) and Password are very important. You will use these numbers throughout your graduate studies to register for classes, pay tuition and fees, check on your admission status, check grades, etc. To get to MyLeo do the following:
- Go the Texas A&M-Commerce Home Page
- Click on Current Students
- Click on MyLeo
- Enter your ID and Password
- Explore the options under MyLeo
- Click on ECollege if you are taking a class online
Step 4 - Request Official Transcript
Contact the college or university where you earned your bachelor's degree and request that they send an official transcript to: Graduate School, Texas A&M-Commerce, Box 3011, Commerce TX 75429. If you attended graduate school anywhere other than A&M-Commerce, request official graduate transcripts as well. To be on the safe side, you may also want to request a copy mailed to your home address. That will give you a backup copy.
Step 5 - Contact Academic Advisor
Once you receive your admission status, you should be free to register for classes. Please refer to Master's Programs in Curriculum and Instruction to locate an appropriate advisor.
Content of this page provided by Elton Stetson