Scholarships and Financial Aid
All Curriculum & Instruction Department scholarships are tied into the University-wide Financial Aid system www.tamuc.edu/financialAid.
Department of Curriculum & Instruction (EDCI) has scholarships available for Jr. and Sr. level students (Interdisciplinary Studies Majors) in the Elementary (Early Childhood through Grade 8) Teacher Education program, and Graduate level scholarships for students in the Elementary, Early Childhood & Reading Masters programs. Students wishing to be secondary level teachers have scholarships available via the COEHS and their specific content area departments. Masters of Secondary Ed and doctoral students also go through the COEHS.
All applications must be complete online before the posted deadline, usually in the Spring. This includes any essay and transcript info.
Students go to My Leo menu and should see "Apply for Scholarship". New application system is reported to be rather easy, but you have to read and follow directions. You have to know your own background and future aspirations.
Our scholarship requirements are listed in the application system. Some scholarships request an essay to be uploaded. Follow the essay guidelines carefully. When writing your essay make sure that you include the following ideas:
- Describe your view of the teacher in the classroom environment.
- Tell us a little bit about yourself, and your family situation, how you would use the money and please let us know if you have a financial need, as some scholarships are specifically for that purpose.
- If you are applying for the scholarship in which you must be an intern, please tell us where and when you will do or hope to do your Internship.
- What Texas county is your High School in?
- Type the name of the scholarship you are applying for at the top of the Word document. And always include your name and CWID on every page you submit.
- Edit your essay paper for clarity, spelling, and grammar. Ask a peer to preview - do not let the faculty members be the first to read your paper!
If you are a Junior or Senior and wish to apply for a scholarship, check out the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office for more details. Please note that a Thank You note needs to be written to the Scholarship Donor and delivered to the Scholarship Office. Fill out the general form for the Financial Aid Office:(Undergraduate | Graduate).
Content is provided by Becky Sinclair firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Curriculum & Instruction 903-886-5537