Master of Science or Master of Education in Educational Technology - Leadership (ETLD)
The Educational Technology - Leadership Master's Program at Texas A&M University-Commerce is primarily an on-line program designed to prepare students for leadership roles in K-16 education, training, service, industry, and government and corporate settings. Specifically, the program focuses upon the development of a philosophy of educational technology that incorporates literacy, integration, and research related to best practices in the use of current and emerging technological trends.
Upon completion of this Master's program, students will have developed important skills sought in a variety of settings and an electronic portfolio to market their knowledge, skills, and abilities to potential employers. Specifically, graduates of the Educational Technology-Leadership program will:
- Develop a philosophy of educational technology that shapes their visions reflected in a variety of areas from the role of technology in current and future personal and professional settings.
- Utilize best research practices in order to make informed decisions regarding the effectiveness/impact of technology integration.
- Demonstrate effective communication, media, information, and technological literacy skills applicable within current and future personal and professional settings.
- Effectively design, develop and integrate a variety of technological applications that are appropriate within current and future personal and professional settings.
Complete Application for Admission to Graduate School.
File official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work.
Complete Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and have scores sent to TAMU-C.
GPA of 3.0 or higher on any previously completed graduate level course work.
The program admission committee may request a statement of work experience and personal goals and/or a letter of recommendation in support of applicant's success in ETEC Master's program.
Personal interview may also be requested at the discretion of the program committee.
Meet with advisor to file official degree plan before completion of 9 semester hours.
Courses: 30 Semester Hours
Major: 18 hrs. in the core, Educational Technology - Leadership (all on-line)
- ETEC 524 Introduction to Educational Computing
- ETEC 561 Learning and Technology
- ETEC 562 Applying Instructional Media and Technology
- ETEC 527/597 Web 2.0 for Instructional Delivery
- ETEC 579 Administration of Media Technology Programs
- HIED 595 Research Methodologies
Plus: 12 Semester Hours of Graduate-Level Courses to be selected in consultation with advisor. (most or all on-line depending upon specialization)
Important Information for International Students or students with on-line course restrictions:
Applicants should be aware that this program is primarily an on-line program with all of the core courses and all but two of the Leadership Program Specialization courses on-line. In some situations, International Students' Visas restrict the number of on-line courses that may be taken. Further, specific foreign government scholarships utilized by many international students may place additional restrictions on the number of on-line courses that may be taken by semester or in a program. These extreme restrictions may exclude this program as an option for some International Students.
Before applying to this program, you will need to verify that the conditions of your Visa, and any scholarships you may be utilizing, permit you to study in a program that is greater than 80% on-line with the potential of being 100% on-line. If you are indeed eligible for study in an online program, your application is most welcome.
How to Apply:
Complete the TAMU-C Graduate School's Application for Graduate Studies
Choose your Planned Program when applying:
MS-Educational Tech/Leadership (recommended option)
MED-Educational Tech/Leadership (recommended only for students with specific need for MEd)
Request official transcripts from any previous institutions/degrees be sent to Texas A&M University - Commerce.
Take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) and have your scores sent to Texas A&M University - Commerce..
Track the progress of your application through your assigned myLeo Account.
To obtain further information, contact Dr. Mary Jo Dondlinger
Office: Young Education North, #111
Phone: (903) 886-5520