Health & Human Performance
Jesse J. Hawthorne Graduate Endowment ($1,000.00)
Dr. Jesse J. Hawthorne joined the faculty in September 1951 and was named the Chair of the Physical Education Department and Director of Athletics in 1953. He served in the dual capacities for 31 years until his retirement after the 1984 academic year. While in leadership, the Lions won five national titles and won or shared 47 Lone Star Conference titles. THIS ENDOWMENT WAS ESTABLISHED WITH THE PROCEEDS FROM THE ANNUAL HAWTHORNE RELAYS.
Eligibility - Students must:
- Meet all requirements for full admission to the Graduate School and additional departmental entrance requirements.
- Be pursuing a degree in a graduate program or certificate program offered by the Department of Health and Human Performance.
- Must be enrolled for a minimum of nine graduate hours during the semester of the award.
- Make a grade of B or better in all course work attempted and meet specific program requirements as well as remain in good standing with the Department, the Graduate School, and the University.
Scholarship Application Checklist:
- STEP 1: Complete the scholarship application for general and departmental scholarships. General Application for Graduates
- STEP 2: Complete the Jesse J. Hawthorne Scholarship Application
- and other required documents. Any additional requirements must be included for the application to be considered complete.
- STEP 3: Submit all applications and all supplementary documents required by your department to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships by the February 15th deadline. Please do not submit any materials to your major department.
Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
Student Access and Success Center
2200 Campbell Street, Commerce, Texas 75428
- STEP 4: The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will notify applicants via their myLEO e-mail account, prior to the end of the spring semester, if a scholarship offer has been made.
- STEP 5: If you have questions or concerns, please contact 903-886-5915 or e-mail Scholarships@tamuc.edu.