Field-Based Teacher Education Program Application Process
For Fall 2013 Intern or Intern/Resident Placement, the deadline for submitting your (complete) application to Ed North, 202, is (Monday) February 4, 2013.
Welcome to the Texas A&M University-Commerce Field-Based Teacher Education Program online application website. Prior to filing for application, please review the following:
Important Things to Know:
- Please make sure you enter the correct Social Security # on your application. It is important that the correct Social Security# be entered, as this is the number that will interface with the Texas Education Agency when you apply to take your TExES Tests and Certification. Failure to enter the correct Social Security # will delay you receiving approval to test and/or be certified.
- A student must have transportation to receive a placement in school district to complete internship.
- It is each student's responsibility to understand, or seek assistance in understanding, the time in which he/she should make application to the Teacher Education Program. Students must apply to the Teacher Education Program in the semester prior to their anticipated placement for their internship experience. Students may consult their degree advisor and degree Audit to determine readiness.
- Late applications will not be accepted
Note: Students attending the Collin Higher Education Center (CHEC) should submit their applications for internship directly to Heather Doyle, or to office 120 in the Student Service Center between 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. on the designated due date. Please DO NOT send applications directly to the Commerce Campus.
The Application Process Starts Here!
Please read the following information carefully!
You will need the following Items, in order:
1. Pay $40 non-refundable & non-transferable application fee https://apps.tamuc.edu/teachercertification/login.aspx (Include copy of payment receipt in application packet)
2. Field-Based Teacher Education Application
Please include the Application Confirmation Page generated upon submission of the application with your Application Packet.
3. PPR Approval Request Form
4. Copy of your Degree Audit Students may obtain their Degree Audit by signing in to "MyLeo" from the University website. Once you have signed in using your CWID and password, click on the MyLeo link.
- Select Student Records
- Degree Works-Audit Planning
- Access Degree Works.
- Select Save as PDF.
Note: Please review your Degree Audit thoroughly and very carefully - check for accuracy and/or problems or discrepancies (e.g, courses that were subbed not showing, transfer courses, etc.).
You must contact your Academic (major) advisor immediately if you identify a problem with your Degree Audit
The Degree Audit must be included in your application packet!Your application will not be accepted without the Degree Audit.
-If problems or discrepancies are identified on the Degree Audit(e.g.,course that were subbed not showing,etc.)you are responsible for contacting your advisor for assistance.
5. Completed Checklist of Requirements form. (Click the appropriate link below to view and print the Checklist of Requirements form. Select the ← BACK button to come back to the instructions.)
|EC - 6th Grade
||4th - 8th Grade|
6. Signed Commitment Contract. (Click HERE to view and print the Commitment Contract. Select the ← BACK button to come back to the instructions.)
7. Electronic Autobiography.
Please complete the requested autobiographical information found at the following link.
The autobiography will be electronically transmitted to the requested district along with your student teaching application. Please include the Autobiography Confirmation Page generated upon submission of the autobiography with your Application Packet.
Note: Autobiography application is a "30 MINUTE TIMED SESSION". If you think you need more than 30 minutes to answer these questions, please make a note of autobiography questions, and answer them offline in a Word document. Please start over autobiography application, paste your responses against the questions, and submit it.
8. Manila file folder. (Put all contents in the manila file folder to turn in to Education North Room, 202.)
MANILA FILE FOLDER INFORMATION - Please print neatly in pencil the following information on the tab of the manila folder:
Last Name, First Name
Level (EC-6, 4-8, 8-12, or All Level)
Social Security No.
Teaching Field (for 4-8, 8-12, or All Level Only)
1st Interview Choice
*Please do not submit brown envelopes. A regular manila folder is required.
DEADLINE FOR TURNING IN YOUR (COMPLETE) APPLICATION IS Monday, February 4, 2013.
NOTE: ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH ALL ATTACHMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED. KEEP A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS.