If you are an Educational Aide, you may do the following to satisfy the observation requirement for ELED or SED 300:
You may complete your field observation experience on the job, at your current placement of employment. You must complete the required log and rating form and obtain signatures from your mentor teacher and principal, and submit the log and rating form to your instructor.
- All field observation assignments are made and verified through the Field Experiences / Teacher Certification Office. Do not contact districts or teachers for a placement!
- Once you have received a field observation assignment, it cannot be changed. You will be required to complete observation in the assigned district placement.
- You may complete your observation experience only in one school. Observation in multiple schools is not permitted.
- Completion of ELED or SED 300 and documentation of 30 clock hours of observation (log) is an admission requirement to the Field-Based Teacher Education Program. Note: You may receive consultation, remediation, growth plan, or denial of admission to the Teacher Education Program if you receive "Unacceptable" ratings on your evaluation / EFE Rating Form.
- Failure to complete the 30 hours of observation for ELED or SED 300 will result in a grade of "F" in the course.
- The 30 hours of observation required in ELED / SED 300 may not be fulfilled from other courses, or from past experiences as a substitute teacher.
- Assignments for field observation will be made only in districts with TEA Accreditation.