Graduate Certificates in Film Studies
The Graduate Certificate in Film Studies is an 15-hour program for those who want to pursue an extended investigation of major issues in cinema (directors, genres, literature and film, film theory, national cinemas, historical movements, critical approaches, and themes). Students completing the program will be equipped to contribute to scholarship in the field and to teach film courses on the college level or work in cognate disciplines.
Coursework for the Certificate requires 5 Film Studies courses:
- English 510 Introduction to Film Studies
- English 530 History of Narrative Film
- English 610 Studies in Film Genres
- English 620 Adaptation: Film, Literature, and Other Influences
- English 710 Film Theory and Criticism OR
- English 720 Special Topics in Film Studies (e.g., Cult Films, Clint Eastwood: Director and Actor, The Films of John Ford, Australian Cinema)
Please contact Dr. Gerald Duchovnay, 903.886.5265 or Gerald.Duchovnay@tamuc.edu for more information about the courses or the certificate.