The link below opens a new window and directs you to the Graduate School's online application.
What we can offer you:
- 100% placement rate for doctoral students
- Active mentoring of all graduate students by faculty and peers
- Individual encouragement and support for career development
- Intensive training in the teaching of writing
- Supportive atmosphere fostered among graduate students
- A variety of teaching and research opportunities available
- Involvement in a dynamic writing center
- Financial support available on both the master’s and doctoral levels
- Intensive professional development including opportunities to:
- Train for teaching in the field of specialization
- Present and publish original scholarship
- Work on international peer-reviewed journals
- Organize national conferences
- PhD in Critical Literacy or Written Discourse
- Master’s degree designed to best meet your needs
- Professional certificates available in:
- Children’s Literature
- Creative Writing
- Post-Print Literature and Literacies (film, internet, multiple media)
For the preparation of college teachers of English, Texas A&M University-Commerce offers the Master of Arts in English and the Ph.D. in English.
For the preparation of high school teachers of English, the university offers the Master of Arts in English and the Master of Science with a major in English.
For the Ph.D. in English, the student may choose to concentrate in either Written Discourse: Theory and Practice (composition, rhetoric, and linguistics) or Critical Literacy (literature, literary theory, and reading).
Specific requirements and procedures for graduate work and applications for assistantships may be obtained from the Head of the Department or the Director of Graduate Studies.
A comprehensive minor in English is available for doctoral degree students. This minor is recommended for supervisors of programs in English education.
Further information for graduate students in the department of Literature & Languages can be found by using the menu to the left.