If you are interested in applying to Texas A&M University-Commerce as a Graduate student: Apply Now!
In addition to completing the admission application for the graduate school, the department also considers the following criteria in accepting a student for a Graduate program:
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (2.75 undergraduate GPA required for full admission)
2. Graduate Record Examination (GRE); or 3.5 undergraduate GPA (Bachelor’s Degree) and completion of all prerequisites with a grade of “C” or better
3. Two Letters of Recommendations (references)
4. For the Graduate program in Sociology a Resume is required
4. For the Graduate program in Applied Criminology a Statement of Purpose is Required (“Write a statement about who you are, what has influenced your career path, your professional interests, and describe your future professional plans. How do you think this graduate program will assist you in attaining these interests/goals? This statement should be no more than 200 words in length.”)
5. Writing Sample (more explicitly for the Applied Criminology program the student writing sample should demonstrate the student’s ability to use – scientific research or critical thinking skills)
6. Completion of undergraduate prerequisites
Criminal Justice certificate students must be admitted to a master’s degree program, or be accepted in a non-degree Graduate admission status before they may register for courses.