Professor of Sociology & Criminal Justice
Criminology/Delinquency; Deviant Behavior/Social Disorganization; Qualitative Methodology
Thompson, William E. 2012. Hogs, Blogs, Leather and Lattes: The Sociology of Modern
American Motorcycling. Jefferson, NC.: McFarland Publishing.
Thompson, William E., & Joseph Hickey. 2011. Society in Focus: An Introduction to Sociology, 7th edition. Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
Thompson, William E., & Jack Bynum. 2010. Juvenile Delinquency: A Sociological Approach, 8th edition. Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
Thompson, William E. 2012. “ ‘Don’t call me biker chick:’ ” Women motorcyclists redefining deviant identity.” Deviant Behavior 33(January):58-71.
Thompson, William E. 2009. “Pseudo-deviance and the ‘New Biker’ subculture: Hogs, blogs, leathers, and lattes.” Deviant Behavior 30:1-26.
Recent Courses Taught-UndergraduateJuvenile Delinquency
Introduction to Sociology
Recent Courses Taught-GraduateAging and Elderly
Readings in Sociology
Sociology of Education
Awards and Recognition
- Texas A&M University-Commerce Spirit of Mayo Service Award, 2009.
- Texas A&M University System Teaching Excellence Award, 2009.
- Who’s Who Among American Professional, 2005.
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers, 2005.
- Delta Sigma Theta Most Outstanding Professor Award, 2002.