Dr. Bukuo Ni
Phone: 903-886-5382 Fax: 903-468-6020
1999—2004. Ph.D in Organic Chemistry, Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry (SIOC), Chinese Academy of Sciences
1995—1999. B.S. in Organic Chemistry, Department of Chmistry, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
2012—Present. Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, TAMU-Commerce
2010 - 2012. Interim Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, TAMU-Commerce
2008—2010. Research Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Texas A&M University-Commerce
2005—2007. Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Chemistry, Texas A&M University-Commerce
2004—2005. Senior Scientist, Sundia (Shanghai) MedTech Company Ltd. Shanghai, P. R. China
- CHEM 497&597: Transition metal-catalyzed organic reactions
- CHEM 513: Organic Mechanism and Structure
- CHEM 527: Chemical and Biochemical Characteristic Methods I
- Chem 528: Chemical and Biochemical Characteristic Methods II
- Chem 536: Organometallic Chemistry
- Chem 531: Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Chem 501: Graduate Seminar
- Chem 518: Thesis
- Chem 589: Organic Synthesis
- Chem 415 and 415L: Inorganic Chemistry
- CHEM 201: Organic Chemistry Tutorial
- CHEM 101 and 102: General Chemistry Tutorial
- CHEM 212L: Organic Chemistry Lab
American Chemical Society (ACS)
(1). I am currently serving as a reviewer for numerous journals, such as J. AM. Chem. Soc.; Org. Lett.; Chemical reviews; Adv. Synth. Catal.; Chem. Commun.; Synlett.; Tetrahedron; Tetrahedron Lett.; Lett. Org. Chem.; Magnetic Resonance in Chemistry, and Chirality.
(2). Serve as a review for nation-wide proposals
(3). Serve as Editorial Board of dataset papers in Chemistry since 2012
1."Development and Study of Chiral Organocatalysts for Asymmetric reactions" National Science Foundation, $329,681, 2012,6-2015,5
List of publications
Organocatalytic Direct Asymmetric Crossed-Aldol Reactions of Acetaldehyde in aqueous Media Yupu Qiao, Qiankun Chen, Silong Lin, Bukuo Ni,* and Allan D. Headley* J. Org. Chem. 2013 in press
- Asymmetric Michael reactions catalyzed by a Highly Efficient and rectclable Quaternary Ammonium ionic liquid-Supported Organocatlyst in Aqueous Media Subrata K. Ghosh, Yupu Qiao, Bukuo Ni,* and Allan D. headley* Org. Biomol. Chem. 2013, 11, 1801.
- Highly Asmmetric henry Reaction catalyzed by Chiral Copper(II) complexes Bukuo Ni* and Junpeng he Tetrahedron lett. 2013, 54, 462.
- Highly Enanatioselective abd recyclable Organocatalytic michael Addition of Malonates to α,β-Unsaturated Aldehydes in aqueous media Subrata k. Ghosh, Kritanjali Dhungana, Allan D. Headley,* and Bukuo Ni* org. Biomol.Chem.2012, 10, 8322.
- Asymmetric michael reaction of Acetaldehyde with Nitroolefins catalyzed by High Wtaer-compatible organocatalysts in Aqueous Media Yupu Qiao, Junpeng He, Bukuo Ni,* and Allan D. Headley* Adv. Synth.Catal. 2012,354,2849.
- The Application of recyclable Organocatalytic System to the Asymmetric Domino Michael/Henry Reaction in Aqueous Media Poornima Chintala,Subrata K. Ghosh, Elizabeth Long, Allan D. Headley,* and Bukuo Ni* Adv. synth.catal. 2011, 353, 2905.
- A Novel Recyclable Organocatalytic System for Highly Asymmetric Michael Addition of Aldehydes to Nitroolefins in Water Dhruba Sarkar, Ramesh Bhattarai, Allan D. Headley*, and Bukuo Ni* Synthesis 2011, 1993.
Highly Active Water-Soluble and Recyclable Organocatalyst for the Asymmetric1,4-Conjugate Addition of Nitroalkanes to α,β-Unsaturated Aldehydes
Subrata K. Ghosh, Zilong Zheng, and Bukuo Ni* Adv. Synth. Catal. 2010, 352, 2378.
- Diarylprolinol Silyl Ether Salts as New, Efficient, Water Soluble, and RecyclableOrganocatalysts for the Asymmetric Michael Addition in Water
Zilong Zheng, Ben Perkins, and Bukuo Ni* J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 50. Highlighted by SYNFACTS.
- A Practical and Highly Efficient Hydroacylation Reaction of Aldehydes with Azodicarboxylates in Water Qianying Zhang, Erica Parker, Allan D. Headley,* and Bukuo Ni* Synlett 2010, 2453.
- Ionic Liquid-Supported (ILS) Catalysts for Asymmetric Organic Synthesis
Bukuo Ni and Allan D. Headley* Chem. Eur. J. 2010, 16, 4426.
- Di(methylimidazole)prolinol Silyl Ether Catalyzed Highly Michael Addition ofAldehydes to Nitroalkenes in Water
Jianbin Wu, Bukuo Ni,* and Allan D. Headley* Org. Lett. 2009, 11, 3354. Highlighted bySYNFACTS.
- Highly Efficient Hydroacylation Reaction of Aldehydes with Azodicarboxylates in IonicLiquid as Media
Bukuo Ni,* Qianying Zhang, and Allan D. Headley* Adv. Synth. Catal. 2009, 351, 875.
- Ionic Liquid-Supported (ILS) (S)-Pyrrolidine Sulfonamide, a Recyclable Organocatalystfor the Highly Enantioselective Michael Addition to Nitroolefins
Bukuo Ni*, Qianying Zhang, Kritanjali Dhungana, and Allan, D. Headley* Org. Lett.2009, 11, 1037.
- Design and Synthesis of Distereogenic Chiral Ionic Liquids and Their Use as Solvents forAsymmetric Baylis-Hillman Reactions
Satish Garre, Erica Parker, Bukuo Ni* and Allan D. Headley* Org. Biomol. Chem. 2008,6, 3041 Highlighted by SYNFACTS.
- Asymmetric Michael Addition Reactions of Aldehydes with Nitrostyrenes Catalyzed byFunctionalized Chiral Ionic Liquids
Qianying Zhang, Bukuo Ni,* and Allan D. Headley* Tetrahedron 2008, 64, 5091.
- Pyrrolidine-Based Chiral Pyridinium Ionic Liquids (ILs) as Recyclable andHighlyEfficient Organocatalysts for the Asymmetric Michael Addition Reactions.
Bukuo Ni, Qianying Zhang, and Allan D. Headley* Tetrahedron Lett. 2008, 49, 1249.
Chiral Imidazolium Ionic Liquids: their Synthesis and Influence on the Outcomes of Organic Reactions
Allan D. Headley* and Bukuo Ni Aldrichimica Acta 2007, Vol 40, No. 4 107.
Pyrrolidine-Based Chiral Pyridinium Ionic Liquids (ILs) as Recyclable and HighlyEfficient Organocatalysts for the Asymmetric Michael Addition Reactions.
Bukuo Ni, Qianying Zhang, and Allan D. Headley* Submitted toGreen Chem.. 2007.
Functionalized Chiral Ionic Liquid as Recyclable Organocatalyst for Asymmetric Michael Addition to Nitrostyrenes.
Bukuo Ni, Qianying Zhang, and Allan D. Headley* Green Chem.2007, 9, 737.
Design and Synthesis of Fused-Ring Chiral Ionic Liquids from Amino acid Derivatives.
Bukuo Ni, Satish Garre, and Allan D. Headley* Tetrahedron Lett.2007, 48, 1999.
Highly Enantioselective Michael Addition of Ketones to Nitroolefins Catalyzed by (S)-Pyrrolidine Arenesulfonamide
Bukuo Ni, Qianying Zhang, and Allan D. Headley* Tetrahedron: Asymmetry 2007, 18, 1443.
Ionic Liquid, [bmim][N(SO2CF3)2], Resulted in the First Catalyst-Free Aminohalogenation of Electron-Deficient Alkenes.
Yi-Ning Wang, Bukuo Ni, Allan D. Headley* and Guigen Li* Adv. Synth. Catal. 2007, 349, 319.
Solvation Effects on Imidazolium Salts that Contain Alkyl Side Chains.
Allan D. Headley*, S. R. S. Saibabu Kotti# and Bukuo Ni,Heterocycles 2007, 71, 589.
Design and Synthesis of Novel Pyridinium Chiral Ionic Liquids Tethered to a Urea Functionality.
Bukuo Ni, Qianying Zhang, and Allan D. Headley* J. Org. Chem.2006, 71, 9857.
Novel Imidazolium Chiral Ionic Liquids that Contain a Urea Functionality.
Bukuo Ni and Allan D. Headley* Tetrahedron Letters, 2006, 47, 7331.
The Design and Synthesis of C-2 Substituted Chiral Imidazole-Based Ionic Liquids from Amino Acid Derivatives.
Bukuo Ni, Allan D. Headley*, and Guigen Li* J. Org. Chem. 2005,70, 10600.
Intramolecular double or triple Suzuki Coupling reaction of substituted di- or tribromobenzenes to afford fused tri- or tetracycles with a benzene core.
Shengming Ma*, Bukuo Ni, Shaohui Lin, and Zhiqiang Liang J. Organomet. Chem. 2005, 690, 5389.
Exclusive Formation of Bicyclic Quinolizidine Alkaloid Skeleton via Double RCM reaction of N-Alkynyl-N-(1, ω)-alkadienyl Propenamide.
Shengming Ma*, Bukuo Ni and Zhiqiang Liang J. Org.Chem. 2004,69, 6305.
Double RCM reaction of N-containing tetraenes. An efficient construction of bicyclic izidine alkaloid skeletons and the application to the synthesis of four stereoisomers of lupinine and their derivatives.
Shengming Ma* and Bukuo Ni Chem. Eur. J. 2004, 10, 3284.
Unexpected dramatic substituent effect for tuning the selectivity in the double ring-closing metathesis reaction of N-containing tetraenes. An efficient synthesis of bicyclic izidine alkaloid skeletons.
Shengming Ma* and >Bukuo Ni Org. Lett. 2002, 4, 639.
Intramolecular triple Heck reaction. An efficient entry to fused tetracycles with a benzene core.
Shengming Ma* and Bukuo Ni J. Org. Chem. 2002, 67, 8280.
Studes on the oxidative addition reaction of 1,1-dibromo-1-alkenes, a-dehalopalladation, and the intramolecular bis(carbopalladation) reaction of alkenes to afford fused bicycles.
Shengming Ma*, Bin Xu and Bukuo Ni J. Org. Chem. 2000, 65, 8532.