NFS STEM Scholarship Information
If you are interested in or major in Biological & Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Industrial Engineering & Technology, or Physics, you are eligible for up to $7500/yr scholarship and you may continue the scholarship for 2-3 years.
- be a US Citizen, US Permanent Resident or Admitted Refugee
- pursue a degree in BS/BA or MS of Biology and Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Industrial Engineering & Technology and Physics on a full time basis at Texas A&M University-Commerce. Preference will be given to women, minority or students with disabilities
- demonstrate academic ability or potential
- demonstrate financial need
- have a minimum 2.5 GPA (preferable 3.0) for a student currently enrolled at Texas A&M University-Commerce
The application procedure is as follows:
- Submit a complete FAFSA application at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The school code of A&M-Commerce is: 003565.
- Submit an electronic application to the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships,email@example.com. The application includes transcripts and 1-page career plan. Reference letters and SAT/ACT scores are welcome, but not required.
- The Selection Committee will arrange interview if necessary.
- Transfer students are considered preferentially.
- Applications are reviewed three times a year or until fund is exhausted.
For more information:Mary Kay Sherman, Administrative Assistant
P.O. Box 3011, Commerce, Texas 75429-3011
OR – See a faculty advisor in your department.