NSF Scholarships Available
If you are interested in or major in Physics, Biology and Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, or Industrial Engineering & Technology, you are eligible for up to $7500/yr scholarship and you may continue the scholarship for 2-3 years.
- Must be a US Citizen, US Permanent Resident or Admitted Refugee
- Are pursuing a degree in BS/BA or MS of Physics, Biology and Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, or Industrial Engineering & Technology on a full time basis at Texas A&M University-Commerce. Preference will be given to women, minorities and/or students with disabilities
- Demonstrate academic ability or potential
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA (preferable 3.0) for a student currently enrolled at Texas A&M University-Commerce
The application procedure is as follows:
- Submit a complete FAFSA application at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The school code of A&M-Commerce is: 003565.
- Submit an electronic application to the Scholarship Committee via email@example.com. The application includes transcripts and 1-page career plan. Reference letters and SAT/ACT scores are welcome, but not required.
- The Selection Committee will arrange interview if necessary.
- Transfer students are considered preferentially.
- Applications are reviewed three times a year or until fund is exhausted.
For more information:Linda Gilley, Administrative Assistant
Physics & Astronomy Department
P.O. Box 3011, Commerce, Texas 75429-3011
OR – See a faculty advisor in the Department of Physics and Astronomy.