Curriculum and Instruction - International Students
The Master's of Education degree (MEd) in Curriculum and Instruction is for certified teachers interested in the improvement of classroom teaching through advanced studies in the content and methodology of subjects taught in elementary classrooms. The major in elementary education, available primarily to experienced classroom teachers, prepares graduates to (1) improve student engagement and teaching effectiveness and (2) qualify for leadership positions in settings for which the master's degree is required.
A graduate with a major in curriculum and instruction should possess knowledge of the research and literature in elementary education, curriculum and instructional design in subjects taught in elementary schools, effective teaching practices, and the teaching of students who are culturally diverse.
Required Documents for Admission
- Valid teaching certificate or
- Passing PPR, ExCet, or TExES scores or
- Official GRE scores
Application Packet Submission Deadline:
Application Packet Submission Deadline Information:
- To be considered for the spring semester, the deadline is October 1
- To be considered for the summer semester, the deadline is February 15
- To be consider for the fall semester, the deadline is May 15