School Psychology - International Students
The School Psychology program at Texas A&M University - Commerce prepares students for attainment of a Specialist in School Psychology (SSP) degree. The current specialist degree program is consistent with the requirements published by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists for the Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP). Upon completion of the 66 hour degree program, graduates are eligible for licensure in the state of Texas as a LSSP and certification at the national level as a NCSP. The 66 hour degree program includes 6 hours of practicum and 6 hours of internship. The remaining 54 academic course hours are in the content areas of psychological foundations, research and statistics, educational foundations, assessment, intervention, and professional and legal issues.
Required Documents for Admission
Application Packet Submission Deadline:
Application Packet Submission Deadline Information: April 15 for Fall admission & November 15 for Spring admission
Submit responses for essay questions. Each applicant is required to submit an answer to each of the following essay questions in 500 words or less.
- Provide an autobiographical statement.
- Describe your training and experience in working with diverse populations. Your discussion should describe the way in which diversity issues influence your interactions in the world.
- Describe your research experience and interest.
- Describe how you envision the program meeting your training goals and interest.
- Describe your professional goals and aspirations for the future.