Decorating & Safety Rules
Please read the following guidelines carefully. They are given to ensure safety and to assist in proper planning for decorating in the A&M-Commerce at Rockwall (AMCR). We want your event to be a success and will do all we can to assist.
Because it is important to maintain excellent condition of our campus facilities and equipment, your complete cooperation is needed. If you have any questions concerning these instructions, please contact the Scheduling Office at (214) 771-4570.
• A&M-Commerce at Rockwall is a “tobacco free” environment. No tobacco products are permitted.
• Due to multiple events in the A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL, decorations must be removed immediately following the function. A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL cannot accept responsibility for any decorations or belongings left after your event.
• Decorations must be ready to display before they are moved into the building.
• A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL staff will oversee all sets, displays, etc.
• Large items must be brought through the building loading dock.
• Furniture may not be moved without supervision of the A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL staff.
• Tacks, nails, adhesive tape, masking tape, scotch tape, etc., may not be used on walls, windows, doors, or any other part of the building. Please do not attach items to the acoustic panels.
• Heavy articles may be hung only with the permission of the A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL staff on duty. No items or decorations may be hung from any ceilings or lights.
• Ladders may be used for decorating (see AMCR staff), but groups may not stand on table tops or chairs.
• Burning candles or liquid-fueled decorations are permitted in A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL with prior approval from the Facility Coordinator or designee. Note excessive candle wax on furniture and/or carpet will result in an extra cleaning fee of $25 dollars or more.
• Helium balloons must be anchored down if used.
• Small particles, such as glitter and confetti, are not to be used as decorations. An extra cleaning fee ($25 or more) will be applied for use of these materials.
• Rose petals may not be used as decorations.
• Bubbles are not permitted inside A&M-Commerce at Rockwall.
• Red punch or any other refreshment that stains is prohibited.
• Fog Machines are not permitted as they may interfere with the overall function of fire alarms.
• Please work with the Scheduling Office on other specific requests. We will try to accommodate your needs as much as possible.
Statement of Client Responsibility
Shirts and shoes must be worn in the A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL at all times for both safety and hygiene reasons.
A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL will not be responsible for any articles lost in the building. Items found following an event will be taken to the main lobby.
A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL staff should be notified of space cancellations prior to the scheduled event time. Two “no shows” may jeopardize future opportunities to reserve space in A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL. Failure to cancel reservations for events at least two business days in advance of the event date may result in a fee of not less than $25.
Clients that misrepresent an event or affiliation in order to avoid fees and charges will be charged appropriately, may incur additional charges, and could have reservation privileges suspended. These determinations will be made by the Facility Coordinator.
Sponsoring groups or clients are responsible for damages to the facility or equipment. Any necessary cleaning charges or repairs will be the responsibility of those using our facility.
The A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL staff reserves the right to deny space usage for any group/event that is programmatically or operationally impossible to accommodate or that conflicts with the University’s mission or policies
Prohibited Items and Activities
A&M-Commerce at Rockwall is a "tobacco free" environment.
Animals or pets of any kind, excluding service animals, shall not be permitted in the building.
Bicycles, skateboards and roller blades are not allowed in A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL. Please secure those items outside of A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL premises.
No firearms of any kind are permitted.
Illegal drugs or other illicit substances are not permitted. Violators will be escorted from the building. Rockwall Police Department and University Police Department will be contacted for further disciplinary action.
The University standards of conduct apply to anyone in the A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL. Any person engaging in inappropriate conduct or language, disrupting performance, or creating disturbances at events will be asked to leave the premises and/or will be escorted from the building by a Security officer of the University or Rockwall Police Department.
Recognized Student Organizations, University departments, and/or individuals reserving rooms within the A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL are responsible for making sure that each guest is abiding by the guidelines set forth. You will be held accountable for any alterations or damages to the building property and/or equipment.
Events requiring amplified sound must not disturb other events within the A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL or other academic buildings. Should the event cause a disturbance, A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL staff will contact the event sponsor to indicate when volume and/or other issues need to be adjusted. Any group who does not respect and comply with these requests will be asked to leave the building.
If, during the course of the event, accidental damage does occur, it should be reported immediately to the A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL staff so arrangements can be made for cleanup and restitution.
Damage to any room/space/furnishings and/or equipment by a group will result in appropriate charges, based on fair market cost of replacement/repair/additional cleaning to the A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL property or equipment.
The group will be notified, in writing, of the damages. A meeting will be held with the group representatives and the Facility Coordinator or designee to discuss the damages. A&M-COMMERCE AT ROCKWALL staff will send an invoice to the responsible group for restitution.
In all cases (cleaning or damage), no further reservations will be accepted until the invoice is paid in full