International Studies Program Application Guidelines
- Attendance at an Informational Seminar meeting in the spring is mandatory.
- You are encouraged to apply for programs early because classes and programs have size restrictions. All programs are for academic credit. Check with your advisor to see if the course can be used in your department. If you are taking courses for credit in Spanish you must fill out a Study Abroad Approval Form before you apply for a program of study.
- Fill out the Application Form (both sides) for the program that you have selected.
*Make two extra copies of the application form (both sides).
- Turn in the Application Form and a copy with your transcript, along with your deposit check, to Dr. Kenneth Lawrence Clinton (The Joe B. Hinton Office of International Studies, Social Sciences 220), made out to Guadalajara Summer School or University of Southern Mississippi or to AIFA or to the university or agency sponsoring the program.
Dr. Clinton will forward (1.) the completed application form, (2.) your official transcript, and (3.) your deposit check to the program host.
- Pick up and fill out the Scholarship Application Form – Due: Applications will be accepted starting on Feb. 1st, and applications will be processed on a first come basis. The application deadline is MARCH 30, 2012. Basic requirements are *GPA 2.5 + for undergraduate students and 3.5 + graduate students. If seeking financial aid, please see the Financial Aid office as soon as possible for details of funds available for this year.
- You need to obtain a passport for all programs as soon as possible.
- Obtain an International Student Identification Card for health insurance.
- Attend the pre-departure orientation meeting before departure.
- Write an assessment report no later than 3 weeks after you return.
- The Joe B. Hinton Office of International Studies (SS220) at Texas A&M University - Commerce is open from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Clinton at (903) 468-6034.