International Education Fee Scholarship Sheet (IEFS)
Scholarship Award Information Sheet
- Eligibility is based on merit and acceptance into one of Texas A&M University-Comerce Exchange, Faculty-led or Affiliated study abroad programs. Individual financial need is not a criterion in the awarding of IEFS support. Students must be enrolled at Texas A&M University-Commerce at the time of IEFS application.
- Grant amounts are based upon cost and length of program, and location of study site. All participants in the same program receive the same amount of IEFS support. Funds are disbursed either directly to the program account (for Faculty-led programs) or directly to the program (i.e. Exchange of Affiliated Program) or directly to the student via the scholarship office.
- Non-Compliance with any of the regulations accompanying the grant will invoke sanctions such as cancellation or required repayment of the grant and/or a registration block.
- Regular Texas A&M University-Commerce financial aid is available to students participating in Texas A&M University-Commerce Exchange, Faculty-led programs, and Affiliated programs. Financial aid amounts may be adjusted to meet the eligible costs of study abroad, including airfare, higher living costs, etc. If you receive Texas A&M University-Commerce financial aid, consult with your financial aid counselor to request an estimate of the financial aid package for the desired program.
- IEFS application instructions:
- Students participating in Exchange Affiliated and A&M-Commerce Faculty-led programs need only complete the IEFS application form and turn it in with the Exchange or Faculty-led program application form.
- Students participating in affiliated programs must complete the IEFS application and attach a copy of the complete affiliated program application.
- Scholarship Application Dates:
Applications will be accepted starting Feb. 1st. Applications will be processed on first come basis. Recipients will be notified within three weeks.
Application deadline is MARCH 30 of the year in which you are traveling.
Recipients will be notified within three weeks.
Inquiries may be directed to:
Dr. Kenneth Lawrence Clinton
The Joe B. Hinton Office of International Studies (Social Sciences 220)
Texas A&M University - Commerce
Commerce , TX 75428
Office: 903-468-6034 FAX: 903-468-6036
Office Hrs: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM - Monday through Friday
International Education Fee Scholarship (IEFS)
Scholarships are based on merit.
Must be sophomore, junior, senior or graduate status student who meets both academic and disciplinary requirements.
Undergraduate students must have a 2.5 or above GPA on current Texas A&M University-Commerce transcript, have completed TASP and all remediation requirements.
Graduate students must have a 3.5 or above GPA on current Texas A&M University-Commerce transcript.
Applicant must be admitted or have applied to an approved program of study.
The scholarship applications will be accepted starting Feb 1st. Applications will be processed on a first come basis. No applications will be accepted without all of the following completed requirements listed below.
Applicant must submit:
- The International Scholarship Application Form
- Copy of the completed application form of the international program that you have applied for.
- A short essay (two to three typed pages, doubled spaced) focusing on why you want to study abroad and what you hope will be the benefits from your educational experience.
- Copy of Official Transcript
- Two letters of recommendation from Texas A&M University-Commerce faculty members mailed to the office.
- You are required to write a two-page report about your experience no later than 3 weeks after the program has ended.