DSST - DANTES Subject Standardized Tests
The DSST program is a nationally recognized testing program that provides the opportunity to receive college credit for learning acquired outside a traditional college classroom. TAMU-Commerce only offers credit for one DANTES exam (Human Resources), but students from other institutions can take any DANTES exam at TAMU-C and have their scores sent to their institutions.
DSST test dates and fees:
DSST exams must be ordered. It takes approximately 2 weeks for an exam to arrive before you can schedule an appointment. DSST exams are available by appointment only. Appointments are scheduled during regular office hours. Contact the Office of Student Assessment at 903-886-5122 for appointment times.
The DANTES exam fee is a total of $105.
- $25 payable to TAMU-Commerce. Non-refundable deposit which is required to order an exam.
- The remaining fee $80 is payable to TAMU–C on the day of the test
- Acceptable forms of payment for the TAMU-C fees are
- Money Order
- Credit Card
NO PERSONAL CHECKS!
What to expect on the day of the exam
- Report to the Testing Office on the date and time for which you are scheduled.
- Examinees must present a valid ID (driver's license, state issued ID card, passport or other government issued photo ID )
- The remaining $80 fee (cash, money order, or credit card)
- Examinees will be asked to place all personal items in a bin at the front of the room and not access them during testing. This includes cell phones, purses, and backpacks.*
*The Testing Center is not responsible for lost of stolen items.
Test Prep Resources:
For study materials for DSST exams, go to www.getcollegecredit.com.