2012-2013 New Student Orientation Staff
Every semester the Office of New Student Orientation welcomes freshman and transfer students to Texas A&M University-Commerce. We would like to invite current students in good academic standing with a positive and fun attitude as well as a desire to be a part of an amazing team of campus leaders to assist us in this important task by serving on the New Student Orientation Team.
Becoming a member of the New Student Orientation Staff is extremely competitive. We seek to put together a diverse staff, full of various experiences, backgrounds, strengths, and challenges. We encourage all interested students to apply for these prestigious leadership positions on our campus.
Executive Orientation Team
The Executive Orientation team will serve as mentors to the new staff members and guide the development of the Orientation program while serving as the student leadership and advisory component for the Orientation office.
Academic & Student Resources
Parent & Guest Relations
Staff Recruitment, Training & Engagement
Social Media & Marketing
What is a New Student Orientation Team member?
A New Student Orientation Team member is someone who . . .
- Is open learning and new experiences.
- Maintains a high energy level, enthusiasm, and stamina when working long days.
- Exhibits respect for others’ ideas and opinions
- Is an effective and clear communicator with peers, new students, and parents.
- Is comfortable facilitating small and large group discussions and activities.
- Displays a high level of maturity and an ability to use independent judgment in decision making.
- Possess a sincere desire to make a difference in the lives of peers and new students.
- Demonstrates flexibility, creativity, humor, and dedication.
Why should I apply?
- You get to earn money while having fun, meeting new friends, and making a positive impact on new students and their families.
- Great opportunity for personal and professional growth.
- Opportunity to develop your leadership skills.
- Free official Orientation staff gear and apparel.
- Experience to enhance a professional resume
How do I apply?
Interested students may pick up an application from the Admissions Front Desk at the One Stop Shop or email email@example.com requesting a electronic copy of the application.
What is the deadline?
Application packets are due by 5:00PM Tuesday, November 20, 2012 and can be turned in to the front desk of the Admissions Office (One Stop Shop- Student Access and Success Center) or directly to the New Student Orientation Office in the One Stop Shop.
Late and/or incomplete application packets will not be considered