Student and Parent Rights
Students have a right:
- To know about the purposes, content and location of information kept as part of their educational records.
- To gain access to and challenge the content of their educational records.
- To expect that information in their educational records will be kept confidential, disclosed only with their permission or under provisions of the law.
- To permit or prevent disclosure of certain information in their educational records.
Parents have the right to expect:
- Confidentiality of certain information about them in student records.
- Access to non-directory information only with the student's prior written consent.