Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid as soon as possible. It is available January 1st each year. The FAFSA must be completed each spring in order for you to receive financial aid for the upcoming academic year.
- If you don't already have a PIN, apply for one now. You'll need a PIN to electronically sing your FAFSA. If you're a dependent student, one parent should also apply for a PIN now so that they can electronically sign your FAFSA.
Step 2-Filling Out a FAFSA
- When you are ready to complete your FAFSA, select "Filling Out a FAFSA" in Section 2. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- You may also obtain a paper version of the FAFSA from your high school counselor or from the Office ofFinancial Aid & Scholarships. Please note that the paper FAFSA can take 3-5 weeks to be sent to Texas A&M University-Commerce.
Step 3-FAFSA Follow-up
- You'll receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) Information Acknowledgment in the mail about 2 weeks after submitting your online FAFSA. Or, if you provided a valid email address, you'll receive an email with a link to your SAR information on the Web within 5 days.
- If you don't receive anything in these time frames, return to Section 3 of the FAFSA and select "Check the Status of a Submitted FAFSA."
- When you receive your SAR read the comments section and review . If you find any error correct them. Remember: If you are a dependent student, your parents must sign the correction also.
*Applications for assistance cannot be fully considered until all of the required application forms are received by the Office of Financial Aid and the applicant is fully admitted as a regular degree-seeking student. Contact the Admissions Office for admission information. Texas A&M University-Commerce officially corresponds with students through their assigned A&M-Commerce email account myLeo.