Third Party Camps
Third Party Camp Defined
A Third Party camp is a program that is not associated with a university or student organization, but will use the facilities of Texas A&M University-Commerce. Third Party camps are covered under Standard Administrative Procedure 24.01.06.R0.01. Except for the use of the University's facilities, a Third Party Camp is not otherwise affiliated with Texas A&M University-Commerce.
Third Party Camps must meet the same requirements as University camps, as detailed on the Camp Requirements page.
Third Party Camps must have a University department sponsor for the camp and are subject to the same approval and insurance coverage criteria as University camps. Therefore, Third Party camps must provide evidence of a General Liability Insurance Policy under which Texas A&M University-Commerce is listed as "additional insured".
All Third Party Programs are charged a University Fee to Texas A&M University-Commerce Summer Camps of $10 per person.
Third Party Camps must comply with the following provisions:
- Third Party Camps are required to submit a current Certificate of Insurance (CI) with the camp application. The Certificate of Insurance (CI) should list Texas A&M University-Commerce as "additional insured" during the period that the Third Party camp activities are held at Texas A&M University-Commerce.
- In an instance where a CI has not been renewed or updated at the time the camp application is submitted, the Third Party Camp should attach a note that the CI will be forwarded as soon as the insurance is purchased or renewed. Third Party camps are advised that an application will not be processed through Risk Management until valid proof of insurance is provided.
- Insurance requirements include:
- General Liability
- $1,000,000.00 minimum with additional coverage required if more than the Third Party camp and Texas A&M University-Commerce are insured on the policy.
- Accident Medical
- $25,000.00 for ALL camps (excess or primary).
- IMPORTANT! As stated above, the insurance certificate must listed Texas A&M University-Commerce as "additionally insured" and the certificate and policy should be submitted to the Summer Camp Office.
- General Liability
- Third Party camps must supply an Emergency Medical Facility notification letter to the local hospital. The letter should be specific to the Third Party Camp's accident medical insurance policy.