Each camp at Texas A&M University-Commerce must be approved annually through the Summer Camp Office.
Any campus program for minors that has more than 20 participants and is at least 4 days long must report to the Texas Department of State Health Services before the start of the camp using the below form.
The form should be submitted to the Texas Department of State Health Services, (512) 834-6707 (Fax) or PHSCPS@dshs.state.tx.us
A background screening is required on all employees or volunteers who work with a camp. Please complete the Background Check Authorization form and return to Human Resources, (903) 886-5670 (fax).
Each university sponsored camp is required to maintain general liability and accident medical insurance through the Texas A&M University System.
Please return this form to the Summer Camp Office.
Third-party camps are subject to the same approval and insurance coverage criteria.
Child Protection Training
This training defines the different forms of child abuse, identifies the types of sexual offenders and their strategies, lists steps to respond and report suspected cases of abuse, and provides strategies for maintaining a safe environment for youth.
Training for TAMU-Commerce Employees
Training for TAMU-Commerce employees is available on TRAIN-TRAQ, Course # 2111652: Child Protection Training. All employees involved with programs having direct contact with minors are required to complete the training and forward the completion certificate to the Summer Camp Office.
External Gateway for A&M System Affiliate Personnel Training
The external gateway is intended for A&M System-affiliated individuals (volunteers, students, etc) working with programs for minors. To access the gateway you must have a working email address and the current generated password. To obtain the current password, please contact the Summer Camp Office.
Instructions to access the training gateway:
- Go to: https://apps6.system.tamus.edu/TrainTraq/web/External/ExternalGatewayLogon.aspx
- Type the e-mail address and the password. The gateway will send the completion certificate to this e-mail address. (Email addresses should not contain an underscore (_); Email addresses with an underscore (_) will not be given access to the External Gateway.)
- Click Submit.
- Find the desired course. In this case, Child Protection Training.
- Click Start.
- The user will be required to enter their name, employer and the “How did you hear about this course?” fields. It is very important to enter the first and last name because that is what will appear on the completion certificate.
- Click Save.
- Click Start Course.
- 100% is the required score for a certificate.
- Upon successfully completing the course, an e-mail will be sent to the email address given in in Step 2. The e-mail will contain a link to the completion certificate.
Please contact the Summer Camp Office if you have any questions or concerns.