Welcome to the Transportation Department
The Fleet Service Center facility is located on the south side of campus near Facilities Main Office.
The Fleet Service Center is responsible for:
- Providing vehicle acquisition through a competitive bidding process and establishing replacement schedules.
- Maintaining all University vehicles and off-road equipment operating within the Commerce area.
- Providing fuel service for all University vehicles and equipment.
- Establishing rental rates on a cost recovery basis.
- Initiating billing for the use of Fleet vehicles and services rendered to other vehicles.
- Maintaining all records for the fleet and filing reports with the General Services Commission.
- Disposing of used vehicles by auction, trade-in or other means most beneficial to the University.
- Publishing the Vehicle and Driver Procedures Guidelines.
- Processing driver applications and publishing an approved driver list.