Instructional Design supports the purpose of the Faculty Center for Teaching with Technology. We assist the teaching staff of Texas A&M University-Commerce in providing online instruction that is consistent with best practices on quality online teaching and learning by providing interactive faculty development opportunities and practical online teaching assistance, supporting technologies that enhance the online teaching and learning process, and encouraging innovation.
Vision of Quality for Online Courses
Online Courses are engaging, pedagogically sound, and relevant.
- Are well-organized into learning units
- Include materials and activities that directly support the learning outcomes
- Have Clear Learning Outcomes
- Engage the learner through interaction with the instructor, other students, and the content
- Involve an active instructor presence
- Offer rich and relevant resources for students of diverse talents and ways of learning