WHAT IS NBC LEARN?
For more than 80 years, NBC News has been documenting the people, places, and events that have shaped our world. Now, for the first time, NBC Learn is making these historic and current events resources available to faculty, instructional technologists, course designers, librarians, and students. NBC Learn is a rich, dynamic, and innovative resource that provides thousands of historic news reports, current events stories, original content, primary source documents, and other digital media specifically designed to help teach and engage students of all levels and abilities.
- Over 10,000 primary source videos, documents, letters, and images
- Current events videos updated daily
- Resources for Sciences, Arts & Humanities, Careers, Business and more
- Historic news broadcasts and newsreels from the 1930's - Present
- Full transcripts, bibliographic citations, and closed captioning
- Rights and Copyright cleared for classroom and online use
- Easy-to-use search and browse interface
- Flipable Cue Card Media player
ACCESS TO NBC LEARN DATABASES
From any computer you can access NBC LEARN-Higher Ed database by clicking on the NBC LEARN-Higher Ed button at left and navigating through the Library's list of databases.
For a brief tutorial on how to navigate to the NBC Learn databases please click here.
Once you are logged in, in the upper right-hand corner of the webpage you will see “Welcome, Texas A&M University Commerce”. You will then have access to the full-length versions of all videos and document. If you wish to download the videos you will have to register with NBC Learn which is also located in the upper right-hand corner of the webpage. For further instructions please click on the “Tips and Tools” icon in the right sidebar or contact the Faculty Center for Teaching with Technology.