Position Title:Assistant Director of Greek Life
Department:MSC (Student Center)
Reports To:Director Sam Rayburn Student Center
Purpose of Position
The Assistant Director of Greek Life will be responsible for providing educational, cultural, service, and leadership programs, and advising for fraternity and sorority chapters affiliated with our four Greek Councils. In promoting and supporting active healthy learning environments and activities â?? the Coordinator will shape the growth and maturity of our Greek Organizations while positively impacting retention and student success.
- Responsible for coordinating and monitoring daily administration of programs and services for IFC, NPC, NPHC, MGC.
- Develops and advances Greek life and its member organizations (IFC, Panhellenic, Pan Hellenic, MGC).
- Advises and supports all Greek Councils (activities, programming, membership development) and related organizations (Order of Omega).
- Coordinates and implements student leadership initiatives for Greek Community – retreats, conferences, new member education. etc.
- Responds to crisis involving members and Greek organizations.
- Interprets University, governing council and Inter/national policies. Assists in development guidelines and policies pertaining to area.
- Partners with other university departments relating to Greek involvement (housing, alumni, student activities, UPD).
- Collaborates with local alums, university staff, community leaders and national fraternity/sorority staff and officers.
- Oversees the Greek Life budget.
- Maintains statistics, rosters and Greek Records.
- Develops training and programs including but not limited to: risk management, membership recruitment, event planning, alcohol and other drug education.
- Participates in departmental teams for leadership developmental and student group advisement.
- Supervises Graduate Assistant for Greek Life.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires Masters degree in Higher Education, Counseling, or Student Personnel. Minimum one year professional or two years in graduate school in a position working with Greek affairs. Knowledge of National Greek organizations and advising skills. Excellent skills in written and oral communication.
Supervision of Personnel