Position Title:Buyer and Assistant HUB Coordinator
Department:Business and Administration, VP for
Reports To:Director of Purchasing
Purpose of Position
Responsible for providing purchasing and operational support to the Department of Purchasing. Responsible for all campus print purchases and the management of outsource printing preparation, duplicating, and campus postal operations. This includes but is not limited to outsource preflight, light design work and typsetting, duplicating services, and postal operations including campus mail delivery, and bulk mailing services. Advanced knowledge of printing operations, duplicating services, and postal regulations is required. This position will also assist the HUB Coordinator with outreach and ensuring the University continues its good faith effort to establish business connections with historically underutilized businesses. This position will require some travel, including overnight.
- Responsible for all print-related purchases for the University.
- Solicits bids for commodities and services as directed by the Director, in accordance with University and CPA-Texas Procurement and Support Services rules.
- Oversees daily composition, typesetting, proofing and job preparation operations for all campus-related printing needs
- Oversees university mail room, postage, addressing, and bulk postage operations and directs Campus Postal Services Supervisor
- Oversees the payment of invoices and encumbrance of funds from Campus Postal Services
- Makes educated decisions based on printing knowledge to provide customers and departments with timely, best-value services and purchases
- Serves as University Procurement Card Coordinator, responsible for training, applications, suspensions, cancellation of cards, and other applicable duties as assigned.
- Operates all departmental related equipment when required
- Maintains inventory and replenishes supplies for Campus Postal Services
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and improve utilization of departmental resoueces
- Works with customers and departments to complete the outsourcing of printed materials
- Orders and schedules equipment repairs as needed
- Responsible for general maintenance of equipment as necessary
- Receives and records cash transactions, oversees depostis and accounting for all sales.
- Performs employee performance evaluations
- Assists the University’s Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Coordinator with ensuring compliance with the University’s good faith efforts.
- Assists the University’s Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Coordinator by working directly with the chambers and minority organizations in the region to encourage their members’ participation in our bid opportunities. In addition, this position will serve as the University’s secondary contact with these organizations.
- This position will require travel to and from purchasing and HUB related events. This includes, but is not limited to economic opportunity forums, vendor shows, regional chamber events, & A&M System Purchasing and HUB meetings. This also includes some overnight travel.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a BachelorÔ??s Degree in a related field with two (2) years experience with a MasterÔ??s degree preferred. Education may be substituted with experience on a year by year basis. Minimum of two (2) years related purchasing, bidding and/or negotiation experience, preferably in the printing industry. Must be able to diagnose and rectify problems, schedule work, and supervise employees. Strong knowledge of Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) program. Previous hands-on printing experience is preferred. Applicant must possess good PC skills and have a considerable working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. CTP certification required or must be obtained within the first (1) year of employment. CTPM, CPM or other certifications are a plus.
Supervision of Personnel
Manage employees, student workers, and part time employees in copy and postal services. Responsible for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of highly skilled and technical areas.