Position Title:Classroom Technology Specialist
Department:Instructional Technology and Distance Education
Reports To:Assistant Director for Classroom and Multimedia Technologies
Purpose of Position
Responsible for maintaining and improving multimedia technology in campus classrooms, and designing future classrooms to be multimedia compatible. Responsible for the upkeep and distribution of multimedia equipment.
- Responsible for operation and support of multimedia classrooms.
- Distributes daily scheduled media/equipment to classrooms and instructors throughout the campus.
- Provides group and individual training/demonstrations of multimedia equipment for faculty,
- Maintains classroom arrangement and appearance of multimedia classrooms
- Manages new equipment installations with contracted installers.
- Monitors classroom technology use and recommends upgrades and purchases as needed.
- Makes minor repairs and maintains portable multimedia equipment (i.e. multimedia projectors, digital audio recorders, laptops, camcorders, digital cameras, P.A. Systems, conference phones, screens, and video players/monitors, etc.).
- Keeps records of repair, replacement, and maintenance of equipment.
- Supervises student workers in the delivery of equipment and the troubleshooting of classroom technologies
- Assists with maintaining an inventory of equipment supported by the department
- Lifts and moves audio-visual equipment weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Duplicates audio and video materials for instructional purposes, in compliance with copyright laws.
- Assists with interactive television (ITV) classrooms as needed.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two to three (2-3) years related experience. Knowledge of audio visual operation normally acquired through technical training preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervise student assistants.