Position Title:Clinical BSN Nurse
Reports To:Clinical Physician Assistant
Purpose of Position
Assist the clinical staff in providing maximum patient care, assessment, implementation and evaluation of each patient.
- Records vital signs; obtains chief complaint and brief medical history.
- Prepares patient for examination.
- Assists clinical staff with examination procedures.
- Administers medication as ordered by the provider.
- Updates patient charts in regards to drug allergies, current medications, immunization history and drug/alcohol use.
- Answers patient’s questions after consultation with the provider or as per established protocol.
- Transcribes verbal orders of physician to chart.
- Educates and counsels patients concerning their disease, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Cleans and stocks examining rooms daily which includes removal of biohazard waste. Sterilizes equipment and autoclaving of suture sets weekly.
- Maintains drug inventory list and properly dispose of expired medication and supplies on a monthly basis.
- Stocks central supply and procedure rooms as necessary and on a weekly basis.
- Evaluates emergency situations and assists provider appropriately.
- Performs EKG, Spirometery, and administers nebulizer treatments.
- Disposes of biohazard material per clinic protocol.
- Be a key participant in the Ambulatory Health Care Accreditation Process. Assists in establishing, writing, and implementing protocols and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required to effectively communicate with patients, parents, clinical staff and staff physicians.
- Must be able to create and present educational lectures to students and student organizations.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires BSN from an accredited facility with a minimum of two (2) years experience. Valid Texas Nursing License and current CPR certification required.
Supervision of Personnel