Position Title:DegreeWorks Graduation Coordinator
Reports To:Associate Registrar
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the coordination of all processes for graduation and commencement ceremonies. Responsible for knowledge and interpretation of undergraduate and graduate degree requirements as stated in multiple university catalogs, as well as University policies and procedures. Responsible for maintaining and updating degree works, the University degree evaluation system.
- Responsible for degree evaluation and planning system (Degree\Works) ensuring accuracy of programs and scribing.
- Communicates with curriculum coordinator to ensure all changes are incorporated into the degree evaluation system each academic year with regard to new courses and programs ensuring that all updates have been incorporated into DegreeWorks.
- Creates and maintains list of eligible students for graduation. Prepares and disseminates all information related to graduation. Notifies potential graduates of application procedures.
- Verifies and provides letters for potential employers for students who are expected to meet degree requirements for the current semester.
- Verifies theses waivers for eligible master’s students. Notifies financial services of students who are eligible for waivers.
- Prepares and verifies academic distinction including mailing letters from the President’s Office for A&M-Commerce and Navarro campus.
- Responsible for commencement ceremony preparation at A&M-Commerce and Navarro, including preparing and proofing list of graduates for commencement program, ordering signs, preparing diploma covers, providing lists to all faculty and assigning rooms for graduates. Requires traveling to Corsicana periodically for commencement meetings and collaborating with Navarro & A&M-Commerce staff in preparation for the commencement ceremony.
- Calculates, processes, and distributes tickets for ticketed ceremonies.
- Responsible for clearing students, checking grades, posting degrees, dissertation, thesis, honors and academic distinction each semester to the integrated student information system (banner) upon completion of degree. Prepares and distributes Final Graduation and Ranking Lists.
- Utilizes Fortis scanning database to scan and index graduation documentation.
- Responsible for providing information to update the graduation website.
- Responds to requests for information such as number of university graduates and degrees earned. Utilizes database applications for preparation of reports.
- Oversees printing of diplomas with Diplomas on Demand software. Responsible for verifying, processing, proofing and mailing all diplomas, includes processing requests for duplicate diplomas.
- Completes application for Be on Time Loans and Tuition Rebates.
- Responsible for ensuring service excellence to all University stakeholders.
- Requires detailed knowledge and familiarity of all university policies and procedures.
- Serves on various university committees.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires High School diploma or equivalent. BachelorÔ??s degree is preferred. Requires 3-5 years experience in higher education or related field. Experience working with Banner (student information system) and ability to work under deadlines necessary. Requires excellent compute, communication and analytical skills.
Supervision of Personnel
Student Worker and temporary personnel