Position Title:Executive Assistant to the President
Reports To:President and Chief Executive Officer
Purpose of Position
Executive Assistant to the President
- Oversees all activities associated with the Office of the President, including events, activities and communications involving the President’s office and exercises functional authority to ensure level of efficiency, effectiveness, confidentiality and quality control.
- Assists the President with meeting deadlines from external sources, keeping the flow of organization and efficiency, including follow up with vice presidents and other direct reports.
- Serves as chief appointment/event scheduler of the President/maintains master calendar for the President.
- Oversees and handles all social events for the President (guest lists, invitations, menus, special arrangements, etc). Assists the President’s spouse with any additional needs relative to administrative support and the social calendar.
- Serves as primary liaison between Chancellor’s and other A&M System Offices, System President’s Offices, Board of Regents, legislators, administrators, and other agencies. Coordinates visits by those entities.
- Prepares agendas and compiles data for meetings, including appropriate follow-up.
- Serves as liaison with Commencement Committee, prepares President’s commencement scripts three times a year.
- Completes miscellaneous projects, including, but not limited to, recognition of faculty and staff longevity, annual President’s Holiday Reception, etc.
- Responsible for preparing agenda items for the Board of Regents meetings four-five times a year.
- Serves as writer for President’s Office; internal and external correspondence, reports, and contracts, as required.
- Serves on various ad hoc committees, task forces, and projects, both internally and externally, as needs arise.
- Interprets rules, regulations, policies and procedures, answers questions relating to general University programs and responds to miscellaneous requests for information.
- Reviews President’s mail and handles/routes appropriately.
- Reviews all correspondence directed to the President and ensures it is free of errors and ready for signature.
- Performs special assignments as directed by the President and CEO.
- Serves as signer/account manager for budgeted accounts assigned to the President’s Office.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a bachelorÔ??s degree and a minimum of five (5) years related experience. Good office skills, computer knowledge and experience essential. Ability to organize/prioritize work and handle multiple tasks, excellent communication skills, both oral and written necessary. Must have personal qualities of integrity, trust, dignity, reliability and be able to maintain confidentiality, demonstrate concern for people and promote a positive work environment.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises personnel office support staff.