Position Title:Graduate Studies Program Coordinator
Department:Graduate Studies and Research
Purpose of Position
Responsible for coordinating the graduate student services including the graduate program specialists who facilitate the Texas A&M University-Commerce graduate studies processes in accordance with the prescribed Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board regulations and procedures and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools criteria for accreditations, University Policies and Procedures manual, and the Graduate Catalog. Responsible for graduate assistantship approval and tuition remission processes. Responsible for supervising, training, and performing quality assurance checks on all assigned work to ensure strict adherence to established specifications and handling procedures/policies.
- Implements the graduate assistantship approval processes
- Implements the graduate assistantship tuition remission process
- Coordinates the graduate assistantship research symposium
- Maintains, administers, and monitors Graduate Student Orientation
- Develops and coordinates the Graduate Assistantship Orientation
- Supervision of Graduate Studies processes that relates to academic action
- Supervision of Graduate Studies processes that relates to degree works
- Supervision of Graduate Studies processes that relates to graduation
- Coordinates the graduate certificate process
- Coordinates the Graduate Program Review process
- Supervises the publication of the Graduate Catalog and various brochures
- Reviews graduate student data reports and develops presentation of data
- Coordinates the approval of degree plans and graduation requirements for graduate students
- Verifies that graduate studies processes adhere to Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board regulations and procedures and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools criteria for accreditations, University Policies and Procedures manual, and the Graduate Catalog.
- Coordinates the Success and Retention Process - New Student Letters
- Coordinates the Graduate Expo
- Supervises Graduate Program Specialists and their daily activities within Graduate Studies
- Coordinates scanning & indexing for graduate studies documents
- Develops and implements special/new initiatives and processes
- Supervises graduate assistants and student workers
- Works with Assistant Dean to address student issues
- Coordinates the development and maintenance of the Graduate Studies webpage including: New student orientation, GA orientation, on-line applications; Graduate Studies survey and prospective student inquiry process
- Responsible for performing quality assurance checks on all assigned work to ensure strict adherence to established specifications and handling procedures/policies.
- Responsible for the data entry of graduate studies information into the Student Information System. Data entry involves entering information on multiple screens. Responsible for the accuracy of information entered into the integrated software system.
- Develops and modifies computer programs in order to obtain necessary statistics to make reports on applications, enrollments, and graduation, etc. and to maintain a database to determine quality and productivity of graduate activities.
- Facilitates the process to verify accurate data in the Banner Student Information System.
- Produces and updates graduate brochures, flyers, handouts and produces newsletters.
- Promotes the well-being of the office by cross-training with co-workers, briefing co-workers on current activities, updating computer skills, keeping files up-to-date and problem solving.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a BachelorÔ??s degree or 8 years of business experience, degree in business related field preferred. Experience in higher education environment preferred. Knowledge of Banner, imaging applications preferred. Good verbal and organizational skills helpful.
Supervision of Personnel
Administrative Assistant I, Graduate Assistants and Student Workers