Position Title:IT Support Representative
Reports To:Telecommunications Coordinator
Purpose of Position
Performs first and second level technical and administrative support to end users, administrative and office support for IT department, and other related duties in the IT area. Support covers administrative functions, telecommunication areas, incident management system, traditional and VoIP telephony, voicemail systems, call center systems, telephone switch, cable record system, departmental billing and any other related support duty.
- Performs first and second level support to end users in the IT area Participate in managing the volume of incoming calls to the IT Support Center via both telephone and e-mail to ensure timely resolution of issues. Support covers incident management system, traditional and VoIP telephony, voicemail systems, call center systems, telephone switch, cable record system, departmental billing and any other related administrative support duty.
- Receives and documents departmental payment for services and generates appropriate service request. Submits payment upon completion of work.
- Responsible for processing various financial documents and data
- Responsible for analyzing data and preparing financial reports
- Responsible for daily accounting entries to the financial accounting management information system (FAMIS)
- Ensure proper documentation, notification, escalation, tracking, and follow up of all incidents.
- Maintains security controls including account setup and configuration for faculty, staff and students
- Programs telephone switch, voicemail and call center for all moves, adds and changes.
- Updates and maintains accurate cable records of the TAMU-Commerce cabling plant for billing information and cost reporting.
- Updates and maintains the on-line campus directory
- Provides FAMIS co-security for the University community.
- Demonstrate positive customer relations.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a BachelorÔ??s degree. Three (3) years experience in the Information Technology field. Windows XP/Vista/7, Mircrosoft Office 2003/2007/2010, understanding of security issues, working knowledge of campus accounting and financial systems. Knowledge of telephoney and communication devices, ability to research solutions, troubleshoot audio visual technology, excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical terminology to non-technical end users. Highly motivated with keen attention to detail. Phone switch programming certification preferred.
Supervision of Personnel