Position Title:Integrated Library System (ILS) Librarian
Reports To:Head of Technical Services
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the management of the integrated library system (ILS).
- Maintains the integrated library system (ILS). This includes monitoring daily image backups, performing standalone backups as needed, reorganizing files to maintain system response time, and transaction file maintenance.
- Plans and implements the new releases of ILS software as they become available.
- Acts as primary liaison for the Library to ILS vendor.
- Uses report software of the ILS to design programs to extract statistical data for reports, informational data for department book lists, and other database query requests.
- Plans and implements individual and group training in the use of the ILS software modules, with particular emphasis on library staff training.
- Implements ongoing development of the advanced use of the integrated system.
- Maintains professional expertise appropriate to meet service and planning requirements in areas assigned..
- Serves on Library and University committees as appointed.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires MLS from an ALA accredited program. A high level of expertise and broad knowledge of library automation is essential, typically represented by two to four (2-4) years of work experience with a library system. Organizational, communications, and training skills are necessary. A second masterÔ??s degree in computer science or management information systems is preferred.
Supervision of Personnel