Position Title:Lead Web Application Developer
Reports To:Director of Application Solutions
Purpose of Position
Acts as the team leader for the web application development team. Functions as lead software applications developer responsible for developing and maintaining secure, robust and responsive applications primarily within the Microsoft .Net Framework using VB, ASP .NET, SQL, and third party web parts and controls. Provides consulting, technical support and training to users of custom application software and to technical staff.
- Leads the web application development team.
- Lease the development and implementation of application solutions through careful project planning, programming, testing training, and documenting of processes.
- Develops, coaches and functionally supervises contracted resources.
- Prototype, test, deploy and maintain code through SDLC.
- Independently develops complex and creative user interface ideas and turn them into secure, robust and responsive web application to be hosted internally.
- Works with Applications Infrastructure Engineers to implement the development and production landscapes for the platform; works with Infrastructure Application Engineers to implement release and process mechanism for the platform.
- Develops web services to expose Banner data within the enterprise portal.
- Consults with users to define application requirement, identifies programming and output needs, and verifies preliminary design and output.
- Recommends technical and procedural design for new or revised applications including flow charts, system specifications, programming guidelines and code review.
- Answers questions and provides technical assistance and/or training to applications users, resolves problems by reviewing and analyzing software documentation and production outputs to identify causes, solutions, and/or make appropriate referrals.
- Creates and maintains operations manual for newly developed and modified applications.
- Distributes and/or installs custom application software and provides training to the customer or to other technical staff.
- Ensures that all work is accurate and in compliance with departmental or project quality standards.
- Participates in training and professional development sessions.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises assigned staff