Position Title:Library Assistant II Access Services (Media)
Reports To:Manager Access Services
Purpose of Position
Responsible for coordinating the scheduling and delivery of media items and multimedia equipment to support faculty classroom instruction. Also responsible for maintaining the library booking system to reserve media, equipment, and library study rooms.
- Schedules instructional media and equipment for faculty, staff and students.
- Maintains Millennium booking module to facilitate scheduling of instructional media, media equipment and library study rooms.
- Submits media requests to Acquisitions Librarian for purchase/preview of media materials.
- Advises faculty on the availability of in-house media for use in the classroom.
- Supervises the processing of incoming and outgoing media for control of University property.
- Prepares annual report of the circulation statistics for media products and needs.
- Assists faculty and students in the selection and utilization of media for classroom presentations.
- Assists with media and equipment placed on reserve by faculty for use by students enrolled in courses which require the use of media on an individual or self paced basis.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two or more years of library experience. Sixty or more hours of higher education credit may substitute for library experience. Must have ability to maintain records and make decisions in accordance with departmental policies. Strong communication, interpersonal, and computer skills are necessary Skill in the setup and use of multimedia equipment preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervise student assistants.